Friday, 23 February 2007
Monday, 19 February 2007
Saturday, 3 February 2007
Work will be needed from 'now' until March, nothing too precious although area will be stewarded at all times.If you can help please contact Val: val @canutesford.wanadoo.co.uk
If you intend to take part in the workshop, please bring the following:
- Niddy Noddy (although if you don't have one I'm sure you can borrow from another participant)
- strong brown uncreased paper
- small ball of string
- masking tape or sellotape
- 4 sheets newspaper
- distaff or a broom handle to form a distaff
- small piece of sponge & water pot
- 2 yards of ribbon
- notepad and pencil
- any flax you may have (although there will be some for sale).
- work form our workshops (excluding the Colette Gilmartin workshop)
- felt which has an element of hand dyeing incorporated in it
- hand spun fibres
- knitted and crochet items which use yarns that are hand spun and/or hand dyed
All work submitted must have been completed in the last three years and not previously exhibited outside our guild.
Please note that as the room will be in use for other activities during the week (i.e. yoga class) all items must be hung on the wall, although there may be the chance of using a mannequin to display clothing.
Commission: the Gallery commission on items sold during the exhibition is 25% so bear this in mind when pricing items should you choose to sell.
- February meeting - forms will be available for members to take and complete giving details of the pieces of work to be submitted.
- May meeting - submission forms to be returned by 26th May or posted to Meryl, Janice, Janet or Averil.
- September meeting - work to be completed and delivery.
Publicity, insurance, hanging arrangements etc are all being checked and dealt with. There will be updates at each meeting and on this blog.